Display your artwork alongside talent of all ages and skills from across the county...
All three Hampshire Cultural Trust arts centres are joining forces for the second year, to host the Arts Open Exhibition, giving artists the opportunity to exhibit in their local arts centres and online!
The open exhibition is a showcase of artwork from across the community, in all different sizes, mediums and subjects, from hobbyists or aspiring and professional artists of all ages, from children to adults - everyone is welcome to submit work for display.
Application deadline: Monday 25 October 2021
Artwork drop off: Monday 8 - Friday 12 November 2021, 10am - 4pm
Exhibition display: Tuesday 16 November - Friday 17 December 2021
All art work will be displayed in each Hampshire Cultural Trust Arts Centre*:
Ashcroft Arts Centre (Fareham)
Forest Arts Centre (New Milton)
West End Centre (Aldershot)
*We'll aim to exhibit all artwork, although this may be subject to space available at each art centre.
Need inspiration? Take a look below at some of the pieces from last year and scroll through work from all the artists (A-Z) starting here.
How do I apply to submit my artwork?
- Please complete the application form below and send to your local arts centre. Entry forms must be submitted by email to the relevant address in the application form by Monday 25 October 2021.
How many pieces can I submit?
- A maximum of two pieces per artist.
Can I sell my artwork?
- Yes! Hampshire Cultural Trust receives 25% commission on all artwork sold.
When and where do I bring my artwork?
- Please bring all artwork to the local art centre, that you submitted your application form to, between 10am - 4pm from Monday 8 - Friday 12 November 2021. Please make sure your entry form is with us before these dates. Postal entries will not be accepted.
Important note: all work must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
How do I submit my artwork?
- Artworks must be prepared for hanging and clearly labelled twice with the following (one on the back and the other a tie-on label attached by string, long enough for the label to hang over the front of the artwork):
Name of Artist
For Ashcroft Arts Centre and West End Centre, please prepare the art work for hanging with mirror plates.
For Forest Arts Centre, please prepare the art work for hanging in a frame or on canvas with hanging cord attached.
When do I collect my artwork?
- If your artwork has not sold you must collect it by 4pm on Tuesday 21 December. Please note we will be unable to store art work at the centre so it must be collected on this date. Postal returns will not be possible.
Is there an age limit?
- No! Anyone can exhibit.
Can my family and friends come and see my artwork?
- Family and friends are welcome to visit the exhibition during venue opening times (please check each venue website before visiting).